What we offer at the Berkshire MS Therapy Centre
We understand that Multiple Sclerosis will affect many aspects of your life. Our treatments are designed to support your health and wellbeing by helping you manage your symptoms.
We cannot cure MS but we can help you make the most of life. The right support will make all the difference. Everything we do is guided by our members. Everyone's MS is different so it is important to understand you may not have the exact same reaction to therapies as others.
Prior to Covid-19, we offered a large selection of therapies and treatments as well as social area so people could support each other. However since March 2020, we have created a new range of remote and virtual support services aiming to:
- Keep our members as active as possible
- To improve mental health
- To reduce loneliness.
By the end of 2020, we had restarted some face to face services although we have had to pause these in January 2021.
The latest information is available on our blog which is regularly updated.
We strongly believe that support should be given based on need rather than the ability to pay. However, we can only continue our work with the generosity of people who use our Centre and our supporters. We would never turn away anyone with MS who needs our help but we ask for donations to help with the costs of the Centre.
Prior to closing due to Covid-19, we offered services including:
- Physiotherapy - available online
- Exercise classes - some available online
- Oxygen treatment - had restarted, by paused in January 2021
- Counselling - available online
- Footcare - had restarted, by paused in January 2021
- APS - pain management - not available at the moment
- Complementary therapies - not available at the moment
- MS Carers Lunch Group - not available at the moment
In addition to our Reading services we also offer physiotherapy, footcare and reflexology in Henley every Thursday.