What we offer at the Berkshire MS Therapy Centre
We understand that Multiple Sclerosis will affect many aspects of your life. Our treatments are designed to support your health and wellbeing by helping you manage your symptoms.
We cannot cure MS but we can help you make the most of life. The right support will make all the difference. Everything we do is guided by our members. Everyone's MS is different so it is important to understand you may not have the exact same reaction to therapies as others.
Prior to Covid-19, we offered a large selection of therapies and treatments as well as social area so people could support each other. However, since March 2020, we have created a new range of remote and virtual support services aiming to:
- Keep our members as active as possible
- To improve mental health
- To reduce loneliness.
We have restarted some face to face services.
The latest information is available on our blog which is regularly updated or on the Covid section on our website.
We strongly believe that support should be given based on need rather than the ability to pay. However, we can only continue our work with the generosity of people who use our Centre and our supporters. We would never turn away anyone with MS who needs our help but we ask for donations to help with the costs of the Centre.
What we can current offer
- Physiotherapy - available online plus a limited face-to-face services
- Exercise classes - some available online and face-to-face
- Oxygen treatment - available for people with MS only
- Counselling - available online
- Footcare - available
- APS - pain management - available
- Complementary therapies - massage therapy, acupuncture, reiki and spinal reflexology available
- MS Carers Lunch Group - not available at the moment