We are pleased to announce that oxygen treatment restarted at the Berkshire MS Therapy Centre on Tuesday 17 November.
Appointments will be available on Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday at 10am, 11.30am, 1pm and 2.30pm. To comply with the guidance about social distancing and ventilation, we will only be offering surface pressure at this time. Whilst we are restarting the service, we will be offering one appointment per person per week. Appointments will be available on a first-come, first-served basis.
We expect demand to be high and at this time, appointments will only be available for people with MS.
We are encouraging everyone who can, to book online and you can find more details below.
It is your responsibility to ensure you are aware of the rules and stay up-to-date with any developments.
IMPORTANT THINGS TO KNOW BEFORE YOU BOOK
- Whilst we have made every effort to make the Centre as safe as possible, clearly a risk remains to everyone attending, members, volunteers and staff alike. We urge that you carefully weigh up your personal risk of attending for oxygen therapy, particularly those in the high-risk categories, against the benefits you expect to receive from this treatment. If you feel unsure if this therapy provides a benefit to you, we ask that you delay restarting this treatment until the current situation improves.
- You should be able to attend your session at the right time and leave the Centre as soon as your session has finished, the reception and refreshment area will remain closed to members.
- You will not be permitted into the building without an appointment.
- You will always need to wear a facecovering whilst at the Centre, including the car park area, this can be your oxygen mask.
- You must be able to fit your own mask and attach/detach the relevant hoses, or with assistance from your partner/carer.
- You will need to follow all instructions from our team and signage such as hand washing/sanitising, social distancing etc.
- If you use a wheelchair or walking aid, you must bring your own equipment and be able to transfer yourself in and out of your vehicle. You can bring a partner/carer with you to help with transfers, but they will need to remain in your vehicle whilst you have your treatment. BMSTC staff will be unable to provide assistance due to social distancing restrictions.
- We are unable to see members who rely on community transport, such as Readibus at this time.
- To ensure good ventilation, the external door will remain open throughout the session. Please ensure that you bring warm clothes and a blanket if required. At this time we are unable to lend out blankets.
- Please arrive 15 minutes before your treatment start time and remain in your car in the designated Oxygen Therapy parking bays. We ask that you arrive on time. Arriving late will reduce your session time. If you are late, we may not be able to provide your appointment.
- A member of staff will conduct a verbal risk assessment and temperature check before escorting you into the building.
- The Centre reserves the right to decline treatment if your risks are deemed high.
- We may need to cancel appointments at short notice due to circumstances beyond our control, we ask for your patience and understanding should this situation occur.
Please read the information on this page before attending your appointment: https://www.bmstc.org/what-you-need-know-about-appointments-centre
How to book
Those who registered their interest in oxygen treatment prior to restarting will have received a booking link.
If you had not previously registered or have not received the link you can request it here: https://www.bmstc.org/oxygenbookingformsignup
If you are new to the Centre we ask you to have a telephone induction meeting with our membership officer. Please call the Centre on 0118 901 6000 or email email@example.com to arrange this.
How to cancel an appointment
If you need to cancel your appointment, please call the Centre on 0118 901 6000 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
In the event of cancellations, we will be operating a waiting list. Of course, we cannot guarantee extra slots will become available but if you are interested please register for our waiting list here: https://www.bmstc.org/oxygen-waiting-list
Do you have questions?
If you have any questions please call us on 0118 901 6000 or email us at email@example.com
Please bear with us – the team is still largely working from home and are busy at the moment. We will come back to you when we can. If there is no answer on the phone, please leave a message and we will come back to you ASAP