Source MS Society:
Ocrelizumab has been approved as the first licensed treatment for some people with primary progressive MS in the UK.
Recently recommended by the European Medicines Agency (EMA), today the European Commission approved the licence.
UK regulators will now decide whether ocrelizumab should be available on the NHS.
Who can get ocrelizumab?
- The conditions of the licence mean ocrelizumab (brand name Ocrevus) can only be prescribed for people with early primary progressive MS. This means:
- people who have evidence of inflammatory activity identified through an MRI scan
- Other factors that will be taken into consideration are:
- how long they've lived with MS symptoms
- their level of disability
Read more here.